Beyond cultivating and producing medical cannabis products, Modern Health Concepts is leading this transformative new industry. Physician participation is critical to expand our knowledge and to advance the future of modern healthcare.
How Does Medical Cannabis Work?
Medical cannabis contains active chemical compounds called phytocannabinoids that interact with a distinct physiological system known as the Endocannabinoid System. This system is comprised of endogenous cannabinoids, cannabinoid receptors and regulatory enzymes. The endogenous cannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body: primarily in the nervous system and the immune system, but also in the gastrointestinal, endocrine, hematopoetic systems and more. Human and animal studies demonstrate the role of the endocannabinoid system in a wide variety of physiologic processes and this ubiquity of the endocannabinoid system suggests the possibility of multiple therapeutic roles for medical cannabis.
7 Simple Steps to Order Medical Cannabis
- Become a qualified physician by completing the 8-hour course and examination provided by the Florida Medical Association and Florida Osteopathic Medical Association.
- Set up your account to access Florida’s Compassionate Use Registry.
- Establish a patient relationship for at least three months immediately
preceding the patient’s registration in the Compassionate Use Registry.
- Determine that treating a patient with medical cannabis is reasonable in light of the circumstances and potential benefits, as well as obtain the patient’s voluntary, written and informed consent, as required under section 499.0295, Florida Statutes.
- Register as the ordering physician for the patient and update the Compassionate Use Registry to include the patients’ information and reflect the contents of the order, including the amount of cannabis that will provide the patient with not more than a 45-day supply.
- Maintain a patient treatment plan that is submitted quarterly to the University of Florida College of Pharmacy for research on the safety and efficacy of low-THC cannabis and medical cannabis on patients.
- Call Modern Health Concepts at 877-303-0741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to alert us to your patient’s order.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP PHYSICIANS
Our staff is here to help you with your questions. Contact our physician support team if you want to learn more about our company, become an ordering physician or discuss the benefits of medical cannabis.
Get to Know Modern Health Concepts.