Who can get medical marijuana?
Florida law has several requirements for patients to be eligible to receive low-THC cannabis or medical marijuana:
- A patient must have been diagnosed with a qualifying condition.
- A patient must be a Florida resident.
- If under the age of 18, a patient must have a second physician certification.
- A patient must be registered with the Medical Marijuana Use by their ordering physician
Some of the qualifying conditions include:
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Other debilitating medical conditions of the same kind or class
- A terminal condition
- Chronic nonmalignant pain.
How can I become a qualified patient?
Only a licensed physician can decide if you qualify for medical marijuana under Florida law. Here are the steps you need to take to become a qualified patient of Modern Health Concepts:
- Schedule an appointment with a qualified physician who has taken the required training to order medical marijuana for patients.
- Your physician will place an order for low-THC or medical marijuana.
- Once your physician has placed an order, you may fill your order with Modern Health Concepts. We have a storefront in Miami Dade County, and offer fulfillment via mobile delivery. Please contact us at 877-303-0741 or email us to fulfill your order.
How do I find an ordering physician?
You may access a complete list of qualified physicians on the Office of Medical Marijuana Use website: http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/office-of-medical-marijuana-use/_documents/completed-cme.pdf
How do mobile/delivery orders work?
Modern Health Concepts is authorized to dispense throughout the state of Florida. Once your physician has entered an order for you in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry, you may contact us at 877-303-0741 and we will schedule a delivery for you. We deliver throughout South Florida and deliveries occur Monday through Friday, between 10am & 6pm. We provide free delivery services to the following counties: Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Lee, Collier and Monroe. Delivery orders will take at least one day to process, so please contact us in advance.
How may I educate my physician about the use of medical marijuana?
Modern Health Concepts has a Physician Engagement Team (PET) dedicated to providing clinical information and support to physicians. We would be happy to reach out to your physician to help educate them on your behalf. You or your physician may email our PET team at Physicians@ModernHealthConcepts.com.
How does Modern Health Concepts manufacture medical marijuana?
Modern Health Concepts (MHC) produces medical marijuana directly from plant material by extracting it using a laboratory-grade, C02 extraction system. This system produces medical marijuana extracts with no harmful chemicals. The concentrate is then mixed with a natural safflower oil for our oral syringe product, or coconut oil for our capsules. MHC uses a variety of testing methods to ensure purity, consistency, and safety of our products.
What products do you have available today?
Our launch product is Haleigh’s Hope Oil – a low-THC, high-CBD marijuana oil. Haleigh’s Hope Oil is administered via oral syringe or capsules. We also have a line of THC products available in capsules, oil and vape oil.