Who can get medical cannabis?
Florida law has several requirements for patients to be eligible to receive low-THC cannabis or medical cannabis:
- A patient must have been diagnosed with a qualifying condition.
- A patient must be a Florida resident.
- If under the age of 18, a patient must have a second physician agree to the use of low-THC cannabis or medical cannabis to obtain an order from a qualified physician.
- A patient must have been treated by the physician for at least three months before ordering medical cannabis.
- A patient must be registered with the Compassionate Use Registry by their ordering physician
Some of the qualifying conditions include:
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Other debilitating medical conditions of the same kind or class
How can I become a qualified patient?
Only a licensed physician can decide if you qualify for medical cannabis under Florida law. Here are the steps you need to take to become a qualified patient of Modern Health Concepts:
- Schedule an appointment with a qualified physician who has taken the required training to order medical cannabis for patients.
- Your physician will place an order for low-THC or medical cannabis once he or she has been treating you for three months. Alternatively, you may use your current physician if he or she is already qualified or if they take the required coursework.
- Once your physician has placed an order, you may fill your order with Modern Health Concepts. We have a storefront in Miami Dade County, and offer fulfillment via mobile delivery. Please contact us at 877-303-0741 or email us to fulfill your order.
How do I find an ordering physician?
You may access a complete list of qualified physicians on the Office of Compassionate Use website: http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/office-of-compassionate-use/_documents/completed-cme.pdf.
How do mobile/delivery orders work?
Modern Health Concepts is authorized to dispense throughout the state of Florida. Once your physician has entered an order for you in the Compassionate Use Registry, you may contact us at 877-303-0741 and we will schedule a delivery for you. We deliver throughout South Florida and deliveries occur Monday through Friday, between 10am & 6pm. Delivery orders will take at least one day to process, so please contact us in advance.
How may I educate my physician about the use of medical cannabis?
Modern Health Concepts has a Physician Engagement Team (PET) dedicated to providing clinical information and support to physicians. We would be happy to reach out to your physician to help educate them on your behalf. You or your physician may email our PET team at Physicians@ModernHealthConcepts.com.
How does Modern Health Concepts manufacture medical cannabis?
Modern Health Concepts (MHC) produces medical cannabis directly from plant material by extracting it using a laboratory-grade, Supercritical Fluid extraction system. This system produces medical cannabis extracts with no harmful chemicals. The concentrate is then mixed with a natural safflower oil for our oral syringe product, or coconut oil for our capsules. MHC uses a variety of testing methods to ensure purity, consistency, and safety of our products.
What is low-THC medical cannabis? Is that all MHC will offer?
In Florida, low-THC cannabis is distinct from medical cannabis in that it contains very low amounts of the psychoactive component tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Because of its low levels of THC, low-THC products do not have the euphoric properties of full-strength medical cannabis and typically do not result in patients experiencing the “high” commonly associated with cannabis.
What products do you have available today?
Our launch product is Haleigh’s Hope Oil – a low-THC, high-CBD cannabis oil. Haleigh’s Hope Oil is administered via oral syringe or capsules. Early 2017, we will have a vaporizer pen available. In early 2017, medical cannabis will be available in similar forms.
Can you provide case studies for your products?
We have only recently begun to dispense our products. As we garner patients and to the extent they allow us, we will be able to report on patient results. Early, anecdotal feedback is promising.
Haleigh’s Hope, the low-THC strain we are exclusively licensed in Florida to grow, produce, and dispense, does have case studies. These may be accessed at the Flower Hope Foundation website and social media pages. We can also provide research findings that CBD oil is effective for seizure disorders.